Unless otherwise scheduled, Edu Track will hold classes approximately every seven to nine weeks when the clinical sites has a need. This minimum 160-hour class qualifies the graduate to take the Nurse Assistant certification exam. Successful completion of this written and manual exam will allow the graduate to apply to the California Department of Public Health for Certification as a Nurse Assistant.
- Be at least 16 years of age, an eighth (8th) grade education level.
- Meet health requirements – Tuberculosis testing and physical exam within 90 days of entrance or prior to direct resident contact. This reports must be signed by the physician, physician’s assistant or nurse practitioner and provided to the school. The report should indicate that the student does not have any health condition that would create a hazard to himself, fellow employees or residents.
- Officer of the Inspector General background check is clear.
- Upon enrollment in a training program for nurse assistant certification and prior to direct contact with residents, a candidate for training shall submit a training and examination application and the fingerprint cards to the state department to receive a criminal record review through the department of Justice.
- An applicant and any other person specified in this subdivision as part of the background clearance process, shall provide information as to whether or not the person has any prior criminal convictions, has had any arrests within the past 12-month period, or has any active arrests, and shall certify that, to the best of his or her knowledge, the information provided is true. Every applicant shall provide information on any prior administrative action taken against him or her by any federal state or local government agency and shall certify that to the bet of his or her knowledge that the information provided is true.
- The student must sign a waiver stating that he/she has never been convicted of a criminal offense other than a minor traffic violation. No nursing facility shall permit students to practice their clinical skills training or have contact with patients unless they have been screened and there is no indication they have been convicted of crimes listed on the Conviction of Penal Code found in this booklet*
- Live Scan Fingerprinting will be completed in the program.
- Proof of valid Social Security Card and legal to work status.
- The Nurse Assistant Program requires a level of maturity and self-sufficiency that will help guarantee “patient safety.” The Health care field is demanding, tedious, yet very rewarding. Potential students need to stop and analyze the reality of working in a convalescent setting. If the student has any questions or concerns, contact the instructor prior to enrollment.
- Pass an entrance exam consisting of English reading comprehension and basic math by 75%*
- Purchase of needed books, uniforms, gait belt, watch and shoes.
- Completion of American Heart Association – Basic Life Support.
STUDENTS WILL NOT BE CHARGED TUITION TO ATTEND EDUTRACK SCHOOL.
- $0 Registration
- $0 Tuition
- $0 Equipment
- $0 Fingerprint fee: Live scan finger print (paid by CV clinical location).
- $60-85 Uniform: (uniforms, gait belt, Shoes for Crews, and stethoscope shall be purchased by the student. The cost varies).
- $100-150 Books
- $105-120 California state competency exam: Payable to the testing location. Due 4 weeks prior to the end of class.
- $65 (approx.) CPR card: American Heart Association – Basic Life Support
OTHER TOTAL FEES, CHARGES, & EXPENSES, NOT PAYABLE TO EDUTRACK:
The instructor of the course is approved as a Director of Staff Development/ Instructor as defined in California Administrative code, Title 22, Section 71829.